Our Location

The Shelter is located in Newman in the Pilbara region of WA. The town of Newman is the largest within the Shire of East Pilbara with a population of 7,238 of which 1,039 (14.3%) people identify as Aboriginal (ABS 2016).

The Shire of East Pilbara is the third largest municipality by land size in the world with an area close to 380,000 square kilometres.

The Shelter provides safe refuge, services and programs within the township of Newman and outlying Aboriginal communities. 

70% of the Shelter clients are Aboriginal, with the remaining 30% representative of a diverse cultural and socio-economic background.

Pilbara Termite Mound and Spinifex Grass